ServiceNow partnered with Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge, (TASK) for the launch of its recently modelled ServiceNow Academic Program in Hyderabad.
The program ensures that the new graduates have skills that the industry demands. The Academic Program provides guaranteed job prospects for engineering students, in alliance with academic partners and leading Information Technology Companies. The highlight of the program was the job fair that was held last week where 264 job offers were made to about 248 certified students.
According to a joint study by IDC and Cisco, the Indian economy will add more than 1.4 million new IT jobs by 2027. This data primarily showcases 46% growth in jobs driven by emerging technologies like cybersecurity, Internet of things (IoT) and big data. This initiative is in line with the Government’s ‘Skill India’ program, aimed at improving skills of 40 crore people by 2022.
“We are thrilled to launch the ServiceNow Academic Program and support next generation of technology talent. We are pleased to partner with TASK team and deliver outstanding ServiceNow certified application developers. Collaboration with our academic partners, solutions partners and customers made it possible to accomplish great results for the students. We’re committed to providing today’s students with skills that will prepare them for a successful career in India’s thriving technology sector.” said Rao Surapaneni, Vice President of Engineering, ServiceNow.
During the first year of its inception, the programme will cater specifically to regional colleges like BVRIT, CMR College of Engineering and Technology, Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology and KL University being among the few.
MNCs like Capgemini, Cognizant, DXC, Hexaware, Infosys, LTI, Mphasis, TCS & Wipro also participated in the job fair.
What is ServiceNow Academic Program?
- The ServiceNow Academic Program is a program that aims to create a talent pool for leading IT companies in India.
- The program ensures that the new graduates have skills that industry demands, the Academic Program provides guaranteed job prospects for engineering students.
- ServiceNow levels up students with knowledge and experience in cutting-edge technology, to help set them up for a successful career with some of India’s leading technology companies.
- The program will help bridge the skills gap in the industry and also be able to generate a skilled workforce for the city (Hyderabad) and the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- ServiceNow’s Academic Program not only trains young aspiring professionals but also give them the opportunity to reflect upon new perspectives and connect with leading IT organizations.
- The program will enhance the efficiency and skills of these professionals so that they can adapt to the continuously evolving IT industry.
ServiceNow and TASK are partnering to enable skilling for faculty and youth on Enterprise Automation Solutions on Cloud Platform. pic.twitter.com/o28kqPXWQ2
— TASK Telangana (@taskts) October 13, 2018
According to Narasimha M, Executive VP, Infosys, “The company’s continued focus is in transforming service experience and increasing efficiency for the clients through enhanced automation and AI capabilities. Infosys has also partnered with ServiceNow in simplifying processes and to redefine user experience to make IT & business functions more efficient. This partnership is in line with our efforts to scale globally to meet market demands. Infosys has also partnered with ServiceNow in its Academic Program, which is a unique opportunity for graduate engineers to be part of the enterprise transformation experience.”
“Thanks to the ServiceNow Academic Program pilot, the state of Telangana is now equipped with ‘trained & certified’ faculty and fresh engineering graduates as ‘ServiceNow application developers’ and are excited to extend the reach of this program to many more colleges in the near future,” said Sujiv Nair, CEO, TASK on the collaboration.
ServiceNow is a US-Based company that uses its cloud-based platform and solutions to deliver digital experiences that help clients do their best work.