What happens when geniuses from IIT Mumbai and IIM Ahmedabad get together and form a company.. Mr. Vivek Singal and Mr. Sharad Singh from Valuefy are perfect example of it. With values such as Innovation and integrity, the company www.thefundoo.com is growing rapidly.
- Do mutual funds and their analysis mean life to you?
- Do Capital markets, stocks, patterns, statistics, risks and their relatives excite you?
- Does creating something which can provide the market participants with additional comfort, demystifying the trends and taming the turbulence, gives you an adrenaline rush?
- Are you passionate about creating portfolio management products using advanced quantitative techniques and deliver it in a super-user-friendly packaging?
Then www.thefundoo.com is right company for you
On the path of becoming global leader in mutual fund analytics, thefundoo is committed to educating the mutual fund market about the various analytics methodologies available to effectively and efficiently run their business.
One of the founders Mr. Vivek Singal says “We are launching fundpicker as a product on www.thefundoo.com . This product would empower mutual fund advisors and distributors in conducting the high end research which would enable them to make right decision for their end investors. Currently the tools available to them recommend funds on the basis of past performance of a scheme, but we know that past performance is not reflective of the future performance. We aim to launch the beta in another week’s time ”
Fundoscope: http://www.thefundoo.com/Fundoscope_app.aspx currently presents the performance attribution of all the equity schemes in Indian mutual fund industry. Not yet thought how to make this for commercial usage. You can check it out and give your inputs. Other products on stocks, back testing are under development and would be launched in future (analytical).
Here are the screenshots of Fundoscope:
As Fundoo is perfect combination of mutual funds optimization products and educational material for professionals. Some of the famous articles from Fundoo are here:
1. The BIG Question: Best tax saving mutual fund? : http://valuefy.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/the-big-question-best-tax-saving-mutual-fund/
Summary by Mr Singal: we used tax saving mutual fund as a case study and followed an approach towards selection. It simply demonstrates the usage of tool and nowhere recommend a mutual fund for investment.
2. Selecting Mutual Funds: Looking at Just Past Returns? Think…!!!: http://valuefy.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/why-you-should-stop-looking-at-past-performance-in-mutual-funds/
Summary by Mr Singal: People typically look at the past performance to decide the investments into mutual fund. But the past performance doesn’t guarantee future return. This statement is written in all forms and documents but people don’t know other means to identify the “healthy funds”. In the absence of any other factor people go longer in history to understand healthy fund, some would say short term performance should be taken into account and some would say long term and hence the debate. We analysed the same in our article. At fundpicker, we are coming up with tools which enable mutual fund professionals to look at other factors which would enable them to identify healthy funds.
Take Our Survey