There is a new chatbot in town and this one does more than just booking cabs, hotels, movie tickets or even compiling your shopping list. Seemingly created for the Indian gimlet-eyed crowd who will definitely love it, Simi – Your Personal Bartender is a bartender chatbot that suggests Do-It-Yourself cocktail recipes with ingredients that can be easily locally sourced. Launched by United Spirits Ltd, a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, British beverage giant, the chatbot will reportedly be officially launched in Bangalore with much fanfare.
The chatbot has reportedly been created by Microsoft accelerator start-up Yellow Messenger. The digital assistant Simi leverages Facebook Inc’s Messenger platform.
What led to the birth of Simi – the artificial intelligence powered bartender chatbot? A massive preference for stay-at-home parties and a budding interest in cocktails. The company reportedly noted an increased consumer preference to party at home and a spurt in cocktail searches, for example how to make mojitos at home growing stupendously.
But a bot can only be good as its last cocktail recipe — a fact substantiated by the solid 300 number of recipes it has in store. As per reports, over a period of time, the bot will stock 2000 recipes. The recipes have been crafted in consultation with certified bartenders. The recipes can be created from everyday ingredients found in an Indian household such as fruits like lemons, oranges to juices in combination with offerings from liquor brand.
How to use Simi – Your Personal Bartender
- There is a cap on age: people 25 and above can use it
- You have to launch your FB messenger app and search for Simi Your Personal Bartender
- Chatbot gives a welcome note and will ask about the available ingredients at home
- The digital assistant also lists some popular ingredients
- After the main ingredient has been chosen, in comes the alcohol base
- Accordingly, Simi shares the detailed cocktail recipe for preparation
- When everything is done, don’t forget to share the pic of cocktail with your personal bartender
Try deep learning using MATLAB