In a piece of news that may bring glad tidings to all engineering aspirants, noted institute GH Raisoni College of Engineering (GHRCE) is now offering a full-time BTech programme in Artificial Intelligence. Raisoni College has now become the second institute in India to offer a similar course.
The institute said in a statement that the mission of the course was:
- To develop professionals who are skilled in the area of AI and machine learning
- To impart quality and value-based education and contribute towards the innovation of computing, expert system, data science to raise the satisfaction level of all stakeholders
- To apply new advancements in high-performance computing hardware and software.
GHRCE director Preeti Bajaj told a leading national daily, “In the past two years, Indian companies are investing high on using AI. This has led to a huge requirement of the workforce of AI professionals in India. AI professionals are getting 60-80% hikes while switching jobs, compared with an average of 20-30% in other skill areas. Starting such a programme is a step towards meeting the high demand of AI professionals in the technology sector.”
The GHRCE programme aims at helping students gain:
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design and development of solutions
- Conduct investigations of complex problems
- Modern tool usage
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess society
- Apply ethics
- Project management and finance
This programme was announced only a few months after IIT-Hyderabad announced their BTech programme in Artificial Intelligence, in Jan 2019. IIT-H is the first Indian Educational institution to offer such a full-fledged BTech programme and likely the third institute globally – after Carnegie Mellon University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).