Data Science is pegged as the next big transformational wave in the IT industry, creating 97,000 jobs in India. Given the outsized influence Data Science wields on business functions, there’s a spurt in certifications and programmes that allow professionals, even from non-technical fields, to switch fields mid-career. While there is a healthy array of options to choose from in the market, it is often difficult to find a programme that covers all the bases and hits all the right notes. Also, most of the online courses offer a truncated educational experience with no faculty or peer contact.
At its core, data science primarily relies on the field of applied statistics and Math. When choosing a Data Science certificate programme, one should go for a curriculum that draws on the best in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analysis and also touches the fundamental areas of data science including data processing, statistics, machine learning and communication.
IIM Calcutta’s Advanced Certification In Data Sciences Really Delivers
IIM Calcutta needs no introduction and it’s no surprise the institute is on top of the list of schools when it comes to Data Science education. Backed by very strong content, pedagogy and faculty, IIM Calcutta is ranked amongst the top three management schools in the country with 50+ years of academic excellence and is also accredited with the coveted triple crown (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB) certifications. Known for its quality management education, it is also renowned for the 2 years residential PG Diploma in Business Analytics, ranked 14th globally in the QS 2019 Masters’ in Business Analytics Rankings, a prestigious feat, and with an employability score of 82.5 equipping graduates for data-driven careers for more than 5 years now.
According to Prof Indranil Bose Program Director, “With data science getting more entrenched in organizations, there is a need for industry-ready talent to take up these roles. IIM is uniquely placed to train the next generation of data scientists with a business and management acumen.”
Prof Preetam Basu Program Director said, “IIM Calcutta is the only institute that offers a 1 Year Adv Data Science Program, and its participants are working across sectors in Fortune 500 companies. The programme is of enormous value to candidates who are looking for a hands-on learning component. And unlike most online, hybrid programmes, IIM offers cutting-edge learning classroom experience.”
Now, in its third year, IIM-C’s one-year Advanced Programme In Data Sciences is helmed by a stellar faculty with industry experience who teach cutting-edge toolset including Python, Apache Spark, R, XL-Miner, SAS Enterprise Miner, SPSS, Arena etc. So, if you are looking for a top-notch education that covers all the latest trends and technologies in Data Science, IIM-C’s year-long ADPS certification got you covered.
A core advantage of IIM Calcutta is unlike the online/hybrid programmes from ed-techs, IIM Calcutta along with the Program Partner VCNow brings the real classroom experience with live, face-to-face instructor-led sessions delivered in a highly interactive, live two-way HD Video Conference based virtual classroom platform and infrastructure across 30 Cities Those who cannot make it to the centres, can avail the direct to desktop option as well.
Darayus Mehta, Founder Director VCNow shared, “VCNow’s technology, platform and infrastructure enables partnering institutes like IIM Calcutta to leverage their infrastructure for delivering high-quality 2-way interactive executive education across 30 Cities in India.”
The programme offers a base in handling, managing, analysing and interpreting data. The one-year programme delivers a hands-on introduction to tools like XL-Miner, Tableau, SPSS, Oracle SQL, R, @Risk, Arena, Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.
Key Winning Factors
1) Face-to-face instructor-led course: A live classroom experience goes beyond an average online course and allows participants to walk away with a robust learning experience. Also, access to advanced subjects such as Econometric Methods, Categorical Data Analysis lends a degree of specialization. Virtual classroom set up helps in peer-to-peer interaction and allows for valuable knowledge transfer.
2) Long duration programme: A longer duration programme offers students a chance to go a step beyond the regular short-term courses and build an in-depth understanding of database management and statistical analysis techniques.
3) Rigorous curriculum: The core modules, for example, Statistics for Data Science, Data Representation and Visualization, Database Management and Machine Learning offer the exact skill-set needed for a career in this field. The course features a mix of lectures, real-life case studies, live corporate examples, uses of analytical software and peer collaboration. The learning experience is rounded off with a project that will be presented on campus.
4) Campus components: The programme features three campus visits in 1 year along with visits that can total up to 10 days (3 beginning + 3 mid + 4 concluding) that enable participants to enrich their learning experience with interactions with the faculty and peers.
5) IIM C Alumni Status: The executive programme gives a certain competitive advantage to students with a campus immersion experience that ed-techs can’t match. Also, the IIM alumni status can open up a lucrative career avenue for candidates and put them on an accelerated career path.
Program Name: Advanced Programme In Data Sciences
Duration: One year
Contact Hours: 275
Delivery: Live Classes twice a week – Sunday 9:30 am -12:30 pm & Wednesday 6:30- 9:30 pm
Eligibility: Working professionals with three years of work experience and a background in Quantitative techniques and data analytics tools
Fees: ₹3,30,000 + ₹60,000 Campus fees + GST payable in equal installments every quarter
Click here to Apply
To know more about the programme, click here