The program intends to expose participants to (managing) the art of building relevant business insights from the analysis of large numeric databases using numerous statistical and search tools.
- The first phase of the programme will focus on providing an overview of the strategic issues of coupling the function of data analytics with business decision-making.
- The second phase will be devoted to building some appreciation for statistical / search tools that can be used for processing business information arising out of marketing, finance, banking, and insurance applications.
- The last phase of the programme will be devoted to sharing some best management practices as well as some recent advances in analytic methodology.
The emphasis of the programme will be more on discussing relevant issues of managing analytic functions and developing appreciation for data analytics/research among practitioners. While knowledge of specific statistical (and search) tools will be disseminated as a part of the overall objective of the programme, it will not be enough to build expert knowledge of the same.
Why should you attend?
Participants will benefit from this programme if they encounter some or any of the following situation(s) at work:
- If you are concerned about how to use customer and competitor information to effectively drive your marketing initiatives and would like to develop a suitable internal process within your organization to do so.
- If you are interested in issues such as: a) identifying customer segments from data, b) measuring effectiveness of your marketing initiatives, c) Marketing Mix Planning d) appreciating demand projections, e) optimizing communications budget, f) estimating/ forecasting impacts of alternative marketing plans, etc. through a process of collection and analysis of relevant data.
- If you are interested in redesigning your ongoing research to make them more useful for business decision-making.
- If you want to develop/refresh your understanding about basic statistical acumen, some relevant data analytic tools, and their applications.
- If you are interested in some latest issues in the Analytics practice – Big Data and its future
April 15-18, 2015
Venue and Accommodation
The programme will be held at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. Participants get full board and air-conditioned single room accommodation on the Institute campus.
Rs.1,10,000 (+12.36% service tax) per person for participants from SAARC countries including India and US$ 3,400 (+12.36% service tax) for participants from other countries. The fee includes tuition fees, teaching materials, board, and lodging.
Try deep learning using MATLAB