Digital transformation is blurring the lines between the front office and the back office. Analytics led applied Actionable Intelligence in back office operations, such as accounting, loan processing, payment processing, and order fulfillment can escalate the efficiency, quality and coordination between the back office and front-end functions.
A business intelligence(BI) savy large telecom provider which traditionally analyzed structured data added a speech analytics solution to help analyze contact center calls, and as a result in the first year of deployment the telecom player identified $180 million worth of savings, while increasing customer satisfaction by 30%. Thanks to analytics, organisations now have larger visibility and can gauge better whether the workforce is diligently using back office applications and processes.
Analytics in enabling back office employees to keep up with the-
- Customers- Digitally powered customers are more than demanding, they want resourceful intelligent conversations and near real-time redressals.
- Internal stakeholders- Internal stakeholders are responsible to fulfil legal compliance mandate and to manage the entire customer journey with an organization.
Desktop Analytics- Powering The Smart Employee
The agent desktop, is a potent multichannel interaction interface, which entwines customer information and employee actions to bridge employee and customer engagement. Desktop analytics can power employees to deliver more personalized engagement and improved outcomes with less effort.
Analytics enables aggregating information from multiple business system and filters all the information to surface only the information needed at that very moment, enabling employees to arrive at every interaction with all the right context and resources at hand. Coupled with speech and text analytics, contextual customer insights are used to intelligently present only necessary data at each step in the process, helping eliminate the need to sieve through irrelevant data.
Desktop Analytics Can
- Gauge hidden potential- Application Analysis, a module of desktop and process analytics, collates employee application usage and captures relevant data through total time logged into the desktop, productive time and the idle time of the agent. Managers can quickly improve overall employee utilization and productivity while reducing costs.
- Enhance productivity– Process Guidance through Robotic Process Automation(RPA) and Virtual Assistants(VA) can automate many data entry and process steps for employees and provide real-time guidance via next best actions, helping to reduce data entry errors and processing times. The solutions also relieve many of the more tedious, repetitive tasks which can negatively impact employee satisfaction.
- Alerts’ mapping- Screen-based triggers or alerts which can capture, screen opens, field entries and values can be used to avoid the capture of sensitive data. These alerts can also be used tag recordings or transactions for easy retrieval, and generate an alert for a manager that an employee has performed a non-compliant activity, such as skipping address verification or accessing a record not related to their role.
A large insurance company which sought to align systems and processes for over 7000 employees encompassing contact centers, middle-office, and back office operations as their customer-centric processes span across these departments. As the customer interactions were not restricted to a single department there was a lack of transparency and operational visibility across several key processes. The insurance company adopted desktop and process analytics to analyze operations within the annuities group which helped them to identify process improvement targets that ultimately helped the insurance company save over $5 Million annually.
Customer intrinsic organisations use desktop and process analytics to meet the Payment Card Industry(PCI) security standard by pausing and resuming audio and screen recordings whenever confidential information is furnished.
The back office is integral to deliver a well mapped traditional and digital customer experience. As organizations realize that the back office will take a center stage while devising new age customer engagement strategies, enterprises are getting more conscious of utilizing the smart workforce in a more fulfilling manner.
While Desktop and process analytics are definitive tools for workforce optimization, Robotic Process Automation(RPA) can handle repetitive mundane processes. RPA can free employees to focus on tasks that require human decision-making, creativity and skill development for future oriented jobs.