We are frequently asked by our readers to comment on the salary of analytics professionals in India. Whether you are looking for work in analytics or currently employed, being paid what you are worth can make a real difference.
We conducted a study of salaries of analytics professionals working in India. This independent study was done on 4000+ analytics positions based throughout the country. The findings of this study are presented below in terms of mean salaries across cities and functions.
All the salary figures mentioned in this study are in Indian Rupees.
- The mean salary of Analytics Professionals, across all functions, experience levels and locations, is INR 11 Lakhs per annum.
- This is higher than average IT salary in India by 18%.
- Of these, 21% Analytics Professionals command higher than 15 lakhs salary. Whereas, 13% of IT professionals in India have 15+ lakhs salary.
- 29% Analytics Professionals have less than 6 lakhs of annual salary. This number stands at 35% for IT professionals.
City Wise Breakup
- Gurgaon offers the highest salary to Analytics Professionals, at 12 Lakhs per annum.
- Bangalore, with most number of analytics professionals in a city, offers 11.8 lakhs.
- Mumbai, with its highest cost of living, offers 11.6 Lakhs on average to analytics professionals.
- Chennai and Hyderabad offers 10.7 and 9.9 Lakhs respectively.
- Gurgaon also has the highest number of analytics professionals commanding above 15 Lakhs – 26% of all analytics professionals in Gurgaon.
- Analytics Professionals with just graduate degree command an average salary of 10.6 Lakhs.
- On the other hand, those with postgraduate degrees command a mean salary of 11.4 Lakhs.
- 22% postgraduates command a salary of 15+ lakhs in analytics, whereas 20% graduates command the same.
- More only graduates have salaries less than 6 lakhs than post graduates, 33% vs 27%.
- Analytics Professionals working in Financial Services command higher salaries than other functional areas – 11.4 Lakhs per Annum.
- Those working in IT/ITES area have average salaries of 10.5 lakhs and Marketing/ Media/ Retail it is 11.1 lakhs per annum.