Over the past couple of years, the cybersecurity domain in India has transformed into something big. Amid all the recent high-profile hacks, companies across the nation are focusing on strengthening their cybersecurity. And this scenario in the industry is presenting a lot of opportunities for the candidates form the domain of cybersecurity or ethical hacking. Also, according to NASSCOM, India would need 1 million cyber security professionals by 2020.
So, if you are enthusiastic about information security and ethical hacking, here are 5 cybersecurity jobs you can apply for.
Cyber Security Engineer (Dev & Testing) at GE Healthcare – Bengaluru
GE Healthcare is one of the top companies to provide medical technologies, digital infrastructure, data analytics and decision support tools in order to help healthcare professionals diagnose, treat and monitor patients. Right now, the company is looking to hire a cybersecurity engineer to develop and execute vulnerability and penetration test suites. Also, as a cybersecurity engineer at GE Healthcare, you would be responsible for performing vulnerability and threat assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree: BE/ BTech / ME/MTech in Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer science/IT, or MCA
- More than 3 years of relevant experience: both in Product/Software application Security testing,
- Should have strong security knowledge and participated in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with Linux, scripting languages such as shell scripting, Perl, Python.
- Hands on experience with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities identification and remediation techniques.
- Experience with various security tools and products such as Fortify, Nessus, Nmap, Burp Suite, Metasploit, Kali Linux, etc.
- Strong understanding of Cryptographic algorithms, certificates, PKI, Key Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Sr Info Security Analyst at IQVIA – Bengaluru
IQVIA is “The Human Data Science Company” that focuses on applying data science to the continuous advancement of human science, decisions. Currently, IQVIA is looking to onboard a Senior Info Security Analyst to contribute to the success of the Cybersecurity Operations work stream through the operation of advanced technologies. Also, as Sr. Security Analyst, your job role will also include:
- Participate in security investigation activities
- Propose and implement improvements to the landscape of technical security safeguards
- Utilize information security technical safeguards and associated procedures
- Operate information security system components including intrusion prevention, vulnerability management, access control, event monitoring and others
- Bachelor degree in CSE or IT
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- At least one of the following certificates: CISSP, CEH or GIAC
- Experience in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Risk Management, IT Controls, Security Operations or other related area is mandatory
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity principles, algorithms, protocols and technologies supporting encryption, authentication, access control, information systems attack patterns, intrusion detection, and network security
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate across countries and cultures
Note: This position of Sr. Info Security Analyst at IQVIA may require occasional domestic and international travel.
Information Security Analyst at AT&T Communication Services – Bengaluru
AT&T is one of the best media companies today. The media company right now is looking to hire an Information Security Analyst to be a part of its Xandr Cyber Security team. As a security analyst, you would be responsible for securing enterprise information by designing, implementing, and enforcing security controls, safeguards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/CS/MIS or equivalent 3-5 years of experience in application security
- Experience with various regulatory requirements such as SOX, PCI
- Two or more years of hands-on experience with Unix/Linux system administration
- Solid knowledge of IDS/IPS and vulnerability management solutions
- Knowledge of current security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods
- Knowledge of SANS or COBIT frameworks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Note: The job role involves shift-based work and candidates should expect that work hours may vary depending on business needs.
Security Analyst at IBM – Bengaluru
American multinational information technology company, IBM is looking to hire a Security Analyst to monitor security events from various SOC channels such as SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone. As a Security Analyst at IBM, you would also be responsible for developing and delivering solutions that protect enterprise systems, applications and data.
The job role also includes:
- to act as an information security researcher to provide insight and understanding of new and existing information security threats.
- be an active participant in recommending improvements to SOC security process, procedures and policies.
- staying up-to-date with emerging security threats including applicable regulatory security requirements.
Prerequisite — Experience working with:
- Symantec Suite
- Websense- Forcepoint Suite
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems for DDOS – Radware & Fortinet
- Airtight Mojo Network WIPS
- Firewall – Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto; Gemalto HSM (Safenet) Hardware Security Modules for Key Secure Encryption
- WAF (Web Application Firewall) F5 ASM, Fortinet
- FIM (Tripwire) File Integrity Solution.
Cybersecurity Analyst at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co – Bengaluru
A leader in financial services, J.P. Morgan is looking for a Cybersecurity Analyst to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions in order to stop adversaries and strengthen the company’s data.
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Should have a strong hand in Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities
- Should be able to analyze vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
- Should have strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts including
- Should be able to influence internal and external stakeholders, manage expectations, and maintain relationships at multiple levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills